FOR THE LOVE OF HOUSE PLANTS
What are the best house plants for my home?
Which plants require less time on care and maintenance? Or how do I bring a plant back to life? You may be asking!
This resource and house plants information guide provides you with how-to-guides, details about each plant, and instructions about how to care for them as they care for us.
IDENTIFY MY PLANT
HOUSE PLANT TYPES
Plant Of The Month
Flowering Maple – Abutilon x hybridum
The flowering maple is an excellent plant for growing around this time of the year. It adapts well to temperatures during summer indoors and outdoors.
During the summer the Abutilon will need plenty of bright light and watering to thrive and flower.
- Attractive bell shaped flowers bloom.
- Cuttings are easily propagated.
- Attention should be given in regards to plenty of light throughout the day, frequent watering, and autumn – winter care.
Benefits For The Indoor Grower
- Look and feel: The obvious benefit of having plants indoors is how much it adds a great look and feel to a home. Some can be a focal point to visitors, especially if its a large palm type.
- Air quality: A major benefit is how much a house plant can improve air quality. Some improve the quality more than others and a study was produced by NASA to discover plants that remove pollutants.
- Your well being: This is not an obvious one. Taking care of anything living, such as people or animals provides that person with a sense of spiritual and emotional well being and, I believe this applies to plants.